Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy birthday, Mommy!

It's been a great birthday. A dream compared to last year when Lily was sick. My birthday was right before we took her to the hospital with a cold and she stayed for three months. This year... the contrast is amazing. Lily smiled at me. She held my hand. She let me feed her ice cream from Baskin Robbins when we went to use my birthday coupon.

I can now proudly say that I am twenty-seven years old. I'll own it, all twenty-seven years, because they carry my battle scars. Lily gave me that. For such a little girl, she's given me a lot. And her sister too, because watching Lorelei love Lily is one of the greatest joys life can bring me. And she's so good at it.

Today really was a magically simple and wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment